Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Lifestyle
When done on a daily basis, simple steps can be taken to improve your physical and mental health. They eventually become a way of life, a new lifestyle.
Below are ten simple steps that can help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. A more detailed explanation of each item can be found by clicking on the link at the bottom of the page.
1. Breathe Deeply – Air is the cornerstone of life. Every moment of every day your body exchanges carbon dioxide for oxygen to keep each cell in your body alive and functioning. A rich supply of oxygen can make the difference between feeling tired and stressed and youthful and focused. Take at least five deep breaths from your abdomen several times a day.
2. Drink Water – Water is essential for everything your body does. In fact, you are more than 70 percent water! Nutrient absorption, blood flow, respiration, elimination, and your ability to see and hear require adequate consumption of pure, clean water. Your body cannot effectively store the water you need throughout the day. Drink at least eight glasses of water every day.
3. Sleep Peacefully – Sleep is the only time your body has to repair and rejuvenate every organ and system. Sleep deprivation causes cellular damage, and limits the production of enzymes and hormones your body needs to keep your cells healthy, and prevent premature aging. Sleep also has a powerful impact on your emotional health – it eases stress and helps you cope with the ups and downs of your day. Strive to get eight hours of sleep every night.
4. Eat Nutritiously – Food has a powerful impact on your body. Everyday, food, in large part, determines how you feel and how your body functions. A balanced diet, rich in whole foods, combined with quality nutritional supplements created to meet your specific needs, will give you the energy you need today, and the disease-fighting strength you need to build a healthy future.
5. Enjoy Activity – Your body was created to move, and move often. Activity increases your circulation, speeding oxygen, nutrients and water to your cells. Your Lymphatic System requires activity to purge your body of deadly toxins. Activity also triggers your brain to release health-giving hormones and enzymes that lift your spirit while they bolster your immune system. A small investment in daily moderate activity will enable you to reap tremendous health benefits.
6. Give and Receive Love – As you give and receive love, freely and generously, you will be blessed with meaningful, lifelong relationships and cherished memories that will bring joy in happy times, and strength and peace in difficult times.
8. Practice Gratitude – Sincere gratitude will lift and inspire you. Recognizing and appreciating all you have empowers you to find and express true joy.
9. Develop Acceptance – When you develop the ability to identify and accept the circumstances in your life you cannot change, yet strive to make positive changes whenever and wherever you can, you will discover lasting peace and hope.
10. Develop a Relationship with God – You build a relationship with God in the same way you build a relationship with those around you – through sharing and listening. By offering a simple prayer daily, you will enjoy a sense of well-being you will not experience any other way.
To receive an indepth explanation and/or simple "How To" instructions on each item in the list, click on Healthy Choice Essentials.