There are many vitamin b-12 supplements on the market, and people always wonder which supplement is right for them. I read in a wellness article how to determine which B12 vitamin is the best for you.
In order to keep the integrity of the author’s answer, I’ve decided to post the majority of the answer below. The title of the article was Need for Vitamin B-12.
Start of Article: Vitamin B-12 is an essential nutrient: You cannot thrive without it. You need Vitamin B-12 to make healthy blood, healthy nerves and a healthy brain. Vitamin B-12 insufficiency is implicated in a number of common conditions: from allergies and ADHD to bipolar disorder and Alzheimer’s disease. Along with iron and Vitamin C, Vitamin B-12 is one of the most common nutrient deficiencies among seniors. You may actually be protected from a shrinking brain with healthy levels of Vitamin B-12.
There are three ways of looking at “need” in Vitamin B-12:
- Disease. If your blood levels are low in B-12 you may be diagnosed with a medical condition called pernicious anemia. This is a serious health condition that is often caused by the inability to properly absorb B-12.
- Complete B-12 metabolism. Is the B-12 you are taking doing what it is supposed to do? If so, your homocysteine levels will be low. If not, your homocysteine levels will be high – even though your blood levels of B-12 are also high. B-12 along with folate, Vitamin B-6 and biotin are still needed as long as homocysteine levels are too high.
- How you feel. Are you mentally sluggish? Do you feel better when you take B-12? If so, you can continue to take B-12 simply to feel better because there is no toxicity associated with taking B-12.
Types of B-12
Vitamin B-12 is made from the mineral cobalt by beneficial bacterial in the soil and inside living organisms. When scientists make Vitamin B-12 for use in supplements, it is done in the same way. The “parent” form of B-12 is cyanocobalamine (cyan- means blue: the color of cobalt). Cyanocobalamine nourishes your entire body, and your liver uses cyanocobalamine to make other forms of Vitamin B-12. One of the major “children” of cyanocobalamine is methylcobalamine. Methyl-B12 is used in detoxification, especially homocysteine detoxification.
There are many other types of B-12. However, as long as you have cyanocobalamine, your body will make the other types as it needs them. The exception to this rule occurs when a person has been poisoned with toxins such as mercury and lead or when a genetic imbalance prevents them from completely converting B-12.
The type of B-12 for you
Most people over 30 need to take a B-12 supplement. The only certain way to get B-12 into your system quickly (besides injecting it) is to absorb it sublingually, under your tongue. Even people under 30 may take B-12 if they feel stressed, suffer from allergies or asthma, are sad, blue or tired. Vitamin B-12 is also helpful in people with ADHD and other nervous disorders – not as a medical treatment, but as a support for healthy blood, nerves and brain.
A sublingual B-12 is awesome in these circumstances. Or you may want to step up to a super sublingual B-12 which is faster-acting and longer-lasting – with three times the Vitamin B-12. If your homocysteine levels are high, or if you have a family history of heart attack, stroke, osteoporosis, or Alzheimer’s disease, HCY Guard may be best for you.
This should help you see the need for Vitamin B-12 as well as give you the tools you need to decide which one(s) you need!
One thing you can do, is take control of your health. It’s something you can decide to do. It’s your decision! End of Article.
According to the article, you should use Sublingual B-12 or Super Sublingual B-12 if:
- You are over 30
- You have any type of digestion issue
- You have low energy
- You have poor moods
- You need to improve your memory
And he suggests that you should use HCY Guard if:
- You have elevated levels of homocysteine
- You are exposed to environmental toxins
- You have low kidney function
- You need detoxification
To learn more about TriVita’s® Sublingual Vitamin B-12, go to My TriVita Product Site. There are additional links and plenty of information on all of the TriVita® products.
TriVita Independent Business Owner, 12871028
Visit My TriVita Business Site